“SPIDERS” itself is an eerie word to me! You won’t agree less with me if I say it is displeasing to you too. Are you wanting to get rid of them crawling around the corner? Read on to know more. Spiders seemingly are harmless, but uncomfortable to watch them crawl near the corners. Huntsman are terrifying and menacing; this article will help you know simple ways to kill a Huntsman Spider.
How to Kill a Huntsman Spider?
- Deep cleaning of the house and each room is a great idea, to begin with
- Remove the existing webs using a vacuum cleaner or a cobweb brush.
- When you see the spider on the floor or a flat surface, you can use a cardboard or a broom to gently cover it and sweep out of your room.
- Do not squash the spider; it may spread its poison (if any) or break some eggs and make the place dirtier.
- You can gently take it out and leave it somewhere far away from your area.
- Vacuum cleaning and removing the webs regularly is a great idea to keep the space clean.
- Use an extendable duster or a broom to clean the webs; make sure to keep twisting the brooms\duster to collect the webs properly.
- A simpler way to get rid of huntsman spiders is using a pests spray over the spider or near its habitat.
- Put away old magazines, piled up newspapers, junk, etc. spiders tend to crawl in them to find cover for themselves
- Sealing any cracks and vents in your home can hinder their path to enter the house.
- Using pesticides and pest control can help you in avoiding their invasion.
Where do you find Huntsman Spider?
Huntsman Spiders usually live under the rocks and bark of trees. This kind of spiders have a very flattened body, which makes it easy for them to squeeze in through tiny gaps of the closed doors and windows of your home.
Some facts about Huntsman Spider you want to read about :
- They are huge and look scary.
- They have a leg span of 25-30 cms, which makes them massive crab-like spiders.
- They dwell in tree barks but wander into homes and cars in search of food.
- They move at a very lightning speed, jump high distances, and walk on walls and ceilings.
- Instead of spinning webs like other spiders, huntsman search for their food; they feed themselves on insects, lizards, and mice.
- They can bite if angered.
- They are harmless, their venom is not deadly to humans, but their bite might cause vomiting, headaches, and heart palpitations.
Getting rid of spiders is all about keeping the indoors as well as the outdoors of your house clean. Killing them is easier but make sure you keep them away from your home and not harm any other creature too. I hope the above steps helped you in knowing different measures to get rid of Huntsman Spiders forever! Keep reading for more such articles.